Fight Sports black belt Tom Halpin brings you a clear and concise breakdown of the modern game, focusing specifically on the X-guard & and leglocks.
In this instructional Tom will show you how to:
- Attack the kneebar from various positions
- Finish the kneebar correctly
- Deal with counters and defences against the kneebar
- Attack the heelhook from various positions
- Finish the heelhook correctly
- Deal with counters and defences against the heelhook
- Enter the saddle and break down the opponent if they defend
- Enter the X-Guard and break down the opponent if they defend
Filmed from multiple angles with top of the line equipment, this instructional covers everything you need to know to be able to finish leg attacks from key positions.
Tom Halpin is an Irish born Brazilian JiuJitsu blackbelt under Roberto ‘Cyborg’ Abreu. Starting his BJJ training in 2011, he quickly reached the rank of blue belt. Unfortunately at that time there were not a huge amount of high level competitors in Tom’s local area and, wanting to increase his BJJ skills, he was convinced by a friend to travel to Florida to train with the legendary Cyborg Abreu at his Fight Sports gym in Miami. Tom quickly fell in love with the concepts and style of training at Fight Sports and would travel back to Miami in the summers to train with the team. After receiving his purple belt from his original coach, Fergal Quinlan, Tom would go on to earn his brown and black belts from Cyborg.
As well as being a multiple time UAEJJF winner, Tom has numerous quick submission wins in Polaris, and submitted his way to the ADCC Finals at the ADCC European Trials in 2019.
Known for his intellectual approach to leglocks and well rounded game, Tom is one of the best up and coming European submission artists of recent years.